News and Events
Wai Halana – July 2015Posted on July 28, 2015 in NFIP News, Uncategorized
In this Issue: How Federally Subsidized Flood Insurance Can Artificially Increase the Value of Risky Homes New FEMA Data Visualization Tool Unveiled # of Pre-FIRM Policies in Hawaii FEMA Elevation Certificates Set to Expire July 31, 2015 Floodplain Manager’s Notebook: I-Codes vs. NFIP Regs Extreme Tsunami Map Places 330,000 More in Danger Zones Living with […]Read More
New FEMA Flood Maps for Maui County – Public Meeting ScheduledPosted on July 16, 2015 in NFIP News, Uncategorized
NEW FEMA FLOOD MAPS FOR MAUI COUNTY TO TAKE EFFECT NOV. 4, 2015 WITH MANDATORY FLOOD INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS – Public information meetings to explain possible new insurance requirements, download Press Release at http://bit.ly/PRmauiRead More
Kīhei, Waikapū, Molokaʻi Residents Urged to Attend Flood Risk MeetingsPosted on July 5, 2015 in NFIP News, Uncategorized
Maui Now July 2, 2015 (By Maui Now Staff) – Important flood risk meetings will be held for residents of Kīhei, Waikapū, Kaunakakai and the South Shore of Molokaʻi. The County of Maui, State Department of Land and Natural Resources and the Federal Emergency Management Agency will hold community meetings for residents of these areas who may be affected […]Read More
Wai Halana – April 2015Posted on May 13, 2015 in NFIP News
In this issue:Read More
- Tsunami Awareness Month Recognizes 50 Years of Warning Progress
- What are the Differences Between Tsunami Evacuation Zones and Flood Insurance Rate Maps?
- Updated “Reducing Flood Losses through the International Codes” now includes Three Model Code-Coordinated Floodplain Management Ordinances
- Can I get a LOMA in an AO Zone?
- NEW FLOOD ZONES – Maui, Molokai FIRM Map Changes Anticipated to Become Effective November 4, 2015
- Insurance Corner – Can I use a BFE from an Engineering Study for a better flood insurance premium in an Unnumbered A zone?
- Download the April issue of the Wai Halana, click here.
Wai Halana – January 2015Posted on January 10, 2015 in NFIP News, Uncategorized
In this quarter’s newsletter: I Didn’t Plan to Renovate the ENTIRE House When I Bought It” Required Documentation for Preferred Risk Policies How April 2015 Program Changes Will Affect Flood Insurance Premiums Map Update Changes Flood Insurance Need For Some Download the PDF here: January 2015Read More