FREE Substantial Improvement / Substantial Damage WorkshopPosted on Jan 3, 2017 in NFIP News, Uncategorized
The Department of Land and Natural Resources will be hosting a 1-day FEMA-led training that will provide an overview of the critical components of renovating or rehabilitating certain existing structures located in high hazard flood zones. These renovations could trigger compliance with Federal NFIP and Local Floodplain Management regulations.
Join us at this FREE workshop on “Substantial Improvement (SI) / Substantial Damage (SD)” and learn what these regulations involve and how it could affect your project.
When and Where:
- Maui – Wednesday, February 15, 2017 from 8 AM – 3 PM at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center (Alexa Higashi Meeting Room) One Cameron Way, Kahului, 96732
- Oahu – Thursday, February 16, 2017 from 8 AM – 3:15 PM at the Manoa Grand Ballroom (Moili’ili Room) 2454 South Beretania Street, Honolulu, 96826
Target Audience: Community & Building Officials, Planning & Public Works Staff, Engineers, Architects, and Planners.
At the workshop, participants will learn:
- About the National Flood Insurance Program;
- Purpose and Definition of SI/SD;
- Building Requirements for SI/SD;
- How to determine if your project meets the SI/SD criteria;
- How building officials regulate & administer the requirements.
Seating is limited, so don’t delay and reserve your seat today. Registration ends on February 8, 2017 or sooner if all seats are filled.
- Maui Registration: https://2017maui-sisd.eventbrite.com
- Oahu Registration: https://2017oahu-sisd.eventbrite.com
For more information please contact Kristen Akamine at (808) 587-0281.