Floodplain Management Publications
- Elevation Certificate
- Floodproofing Certificate
- County Forms for Floodplain Development:
FEMA PUBLICATIONS AND OTHER DOCUMENTS
- Definition of FEMA Flood Zones
- National Flood Insurance Program, Floodplain Management Requirements: A Study Guide and Desk Reference for Local Officials, (FEMA 480)
- Reducing Flood Losses Through the International Codes® Coordinating Building Codes and Floodplain Management Regulations 5th Edition, October 2019 – This guide is intended to help state and local officials integrate the I-Codes into their current floodplain management regulatory processes related to structures, buildings, and other development to satisfy the requirements to participate in the NFIP.
- Coastal Construction Manual: Principles and Practices of Planning, Siting, Designing, Constructing, and Maintaining Residential Building in Coastal Areas, 4th Edition, (FEMA P-55)
- Home Builder’s Guide to Coastal Construction Technical Fact Sheet Series (FEMA P-499) FEMA has produced a series of 37 fact sheets that provide technical guidance and recommendations concerning the construction of coastal residential buildings. These fact sheets present information aimed at improving the performance of buildings subject to flood and wind forces in coastal environments. The fact sheets make extensive use of photographs and drawings to illustrate National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) regulatory requirements, the proper siting of coastal buildings, and recommended design and construction practices, including structural connections, the building envelope, utilities, and accessory structures. In addition, many of the fact sheets include lists of additional resources that provide more information about the topics discussed.
- Homeowner’s Handbook to Prepare for Natural Hazards, University of Hawaii Sea Grant, 4th Edition. This handbook was created to help Hawaii homeowners prepare for a natural hazard so that risks to family and property may be reduced.
- Interim Guidance Regarding Opening in Shallow Flooded Areas, April 20, 2015
- Reducing Flood Risk to Residential Buildings that Cannot be Elevated (P-1037), September 2015
- Floodproofing Non-Residential Buildings (P-936), July 2013