Floodplain Management Publications
- Definition of FEMA Flood Zones
- Coastal Construction Manual: Principles and Practices of Planning, Siting, Designing, Constructing, and Maintaining Residential Building in Coastal Areas, 4th Edition, (FEMA P-55)
- Home Builder’s Guide to Coastal Construction Technical Fact Sheet Series (FEMA P-499) FEMA has produced a series of 37 fact sheets that provide technical guidance and recommendations concerning the construction of coastal residential buildings. These fact sheets present information aimed at improving the performance of buildings subject to flood and wind forces in coastal environments. The fact sheets make extensive use of photographs and drawings to illustrate National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) regulatory requirements, the proper siting of coastal buildings, and recommended design and construction practices, including structural connections, the building envelope, utilities, and accessory structures. In addition, many of the fact sheets include lists of additional resources that provide more information about the topics discussed.
- Interim Guidance Regarding Opening in Shallow Flooded Areas, April 20, 2015
- Reducing Flood Risk to Residential Buildings that Cannot be Elevated (P-1037), September 2015